(conservation of earthen architecture, Abu Dhabi)
Employer: Hydea S.p.A., Firenze (Italy)
Job location: country of residence of successful applicant and Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hydea is an international architectural and consulting practice with a strong record in the protection, conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage assets and historic sites around the world.
We are currently seeking a qualified Project Coordinator with a strong background in the conservation of archaeological remains and proven organizational and management skills. The successful candidate will be entrusted with the responsibility of managing and coordinating the implementation of a state-of-the-art conservation trial campaign in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This is a part-time position entailing approximately a total 15-16 weeks over a time span of 53 weeks, presumably starting the 4th quarter of 2021.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional qualification in conservation of archaeological remains, or equivalent experience
- Degree in Architecture, or Archaeology, or equivalent degree
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in conservation of archaeological sites and not less than 5 years of experience in a senior management role;
- Relevant field experience in archaeological sites (supervision of works, coordination of conservation campaigns, etc.);
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the conservation of earthen architecture/structures would be a plus
- Experience of leading and developing high performing teams and able to demonstrate previous experience of successfully managing complex international assignments
- Experience of data analysis and report writing, excellent standard of spoken and written English, computer literate
- Coordinate the design and oversee the implementation of a trial campaign aimed at consolidating archaeological earthen structures;
- Coordinate a team of experts in a wide range of disciplines and different backgrounds, including archaeologists, restorers, architects engineers, chemists, etc.;
- Coordinate scholars from different universities and research centers, report on the results of the scientific tests and guide the implementation of the trial campaign accordingly;
- Support the design of temporary archaeological shelters for the areas where testing will be conducted and coordinate the activities of external specialists (engineers, water management experts, restorers, archaeologists, etc.) and their outputs;
- Supervise the operations of a team of scientists and professionals in charge of running the tests in the field and interpreting their results;
- Prepare design reports and drawings, post operam deliverables, reports, make presentations of interim and final deliverables.
Please send detailed CV with photo and motivation letter to EMAIL
Application deadline: October 15, 2021
We would like to remind you that by sending us your CV via the web portal, in accordance with the GDPR on privacy, you authorise us to store your data, which will be kept in our archives to carry out evaluations and initiate possible collaborations.